Yoga means to be in perfect tune. Your body, mind and spirit and the existence are in absolute harmony. When you fine-tune yourself to a point where everything functions so beautifully within you, the best of your abilities will naturally flow out of you.
Have you noticed, when you are happy, your energies always function better? You seem to have endless energy. It doesn’t matter even if you do not eat or sleep, you can go on and on. If a little happiness can do this to you, imagine if your body and mind were functioning in a completely different state of relaxation and a certain level of blissfulness. You would be released from so many things that most people suffer from. With the practice of yoga, your body and mind will be kept at their highest possible peak.
1) Michelle Mayes’ training includes an initial 1,750 hour programme in Sadhguru's Isha Yoga Centre in India plus annual upgrades. You can be assured of the authenticity and unbroken lineage.
2) The first to teach Isha Hatha Yoga in Switzerland and France, she brings years of experience.
3) Trusted by the Indian Embassy, Bern and the Permanent Mission of India, Geneva, to teach at their large-scale Yoga Day events. Nominated for the Prime Minister’s Award for Yoga, 2017. Published in UN Special, Align magazine and the Isha Blog. Exceptional teaching standards are guaranteed.
4) Transmitted yoga to well over a thousand people in 5 countries in 3 continents. Three of her participants have been inspired to become yoga teachers and another has become an ashram resident. She knows how to engage and support people from all backgrounds.
5) She spends hours a day in her own personal practice. Her teaching is based on a living experience.
6) Spends a significant amount of time volunteering for yoga programmes and donates a percentage of her income to Isha Foundation. She has integrity and is committed to your wellbeing and growth.
7) She has not always been flexible or balanced! Having discovered how effectively these practices are, she can help you overcome your limitations and become who you want to be.
Michelle is constantly striving to raise awareness of yoga and make it accessible to everyone. She engages with and supports decision-makers from the diplomatic community, the International Organizations in Geneva, businesses and community groups.
Top to bottom, left to right: With Director General of United Nations, Geneva, Michael Møller, Yoga sessions in the United Nations and at the Red Cross Museum.
With Ambassador Rajiv Chander, Ambassador Sibi George, Ambasasdor Anjali Prasad, Ambassador Amandeep Gill.
With Director General of World International Property Organization, Francis Gurry, at World Health Organization with Tomas Allen and Dr Reddy (Permanent Mission of India, Geneva), with Ambassador Smita Purushottam and Ambassador Ajit Kumar.
• Balances the Autonomic Nervous System
• Cardiovascular efficiency increases
• Respiratory efficiency increases
• Gastrointestinal function normalizes
• Endocrine function normalizes
• Excretory functions improve
• Musculoskeletal flexibility
• Joint range of motion increase
• Weight normalizes
• Sleep improves
• Immunity increases
• Pain decreases
• Balance improves
• Integrated functioning of body parts improves
• Grip strength increases
• Eye-hand coordination improves
• Dexterity skills improve
• Reaction time improves
• Posture improves
• Strength and resiliency increase
• Endurance increases
• Energy level increases
• Steadiness improves
• Depth perception improves
• Somatic and kinesthetic awareness increase
• Mood improves and subjective well-being increases
• Anxiety and Depression decreases
• Attention, Concentration improves
• Memory improves
• Learning efficiency improves
“Expert guidance…A very educative and inspiring session, which was much appreciated” - Indian Embassy, Bern
“I would like to take this opportunity to place on record my appreciation for all your efforts at promoting yoga and meditation.” – Ambassador Anjali Prasad
"High professionalism & superb dedication leading to well-being and balance.
As she was taught yoga in India, her approach differs from this of “locally made” trainers, not only in terms that she can teach unique programs, but the way she transmits the knowledge.
She is very attentive both to the group and to each student individual “struggle” with asanas, completely focused to the feedback you need to get to improve. I was amazed by the level of concentration she has and the amount of questions she would be answering before the course for you to be sure that you are doing exactly that practice of yoga, which will correspond your needs in life.
During correction session that Michelle is providing, if needed, to ensure you are going the right direction, I had a new chance to see her expertise and impressive attention to the smallest details.
Priceless value!" - Anastasiya Korotkova
"Fantastic! Very well organised, calm and relaxed but at the same time fresh and exciting.
I honestly don‘t know what you could have done better. It was definitely close to perfection. The atmosphere with the spray of flowers, the incense sticks and the videos of Sadhguru was magical. In that atmosphere... time just flew. After the class, I felt fresh and energized.
Michelle was a very nice and professional teacher. She is very intelligent and has a lot of compassion and patience even with the laziest students like myself ;-) and always has a very warm smile on her face and helps with all kinds of questions. Maybe she is the best teacher I’ve ever had... Even in this short time I learned so much from her beyond the practice. I learned things about food which changed my everyday diet for example. I bow down to her!" - Jonas Gajendra
"very well-organized and taught in a very professional, dedicated, mature and caring way. I felt challenged and pushed, yet with plenty of guidance and attention" - Olli Kovarzina